Wednesday, November 4, 2009

The Hospital Stay

For the past couple of weeks, Bruce has noticed that the slightest things have worn him out--walking up stairs or up the driveway. He kept saying that something was wrong but I thought he was just letting himself go a bit--no exercise, poor eating habits. Monday, he decided to see a doctor. Fortunately for us, the doctor wasn't as casual about the whole thing as I was. He ordered some tests which led to some x-rays, which revealed that Bruce had 4 large blood clots in his lungs! He was immediately admitted to the hopital and put on blood-thinners while a search began for the source of the clotting. His legs were normal, his heart seemed great, the cause is still unknown.
Today, he comes home and will have to inject his own blood-thinners. As the truth of the situation descends upon me, I am so grateful that he is alive! Any one of the clots could have killed him very quickly. In fact, Sister Marge Barnes, our beloved friend and ward member, passed away a few days ago from this exact condition. The other challenges we're facing right now pale in comparison when I consider my life without Bruce. I think I'll take better care of him. We're all so excited to have him back home with us.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Jane, Jane, Jane, I cannot believe the CHALLENGES presented continually to your sweet, sweet, family!!
I am really brought up by my bootstraps thinking about this one, and the close call it could have been WOW
One of my favorite sayings is.. any of us could walk outside, step on the curb and get hit by a bus any moment, we just don't ever know, and would you want whatever came out of your mouth last be the last thing you shared??
We need to keep in better touch!! I just found your blog, and you are an AMAZING blogger I will definitely check more often!
Please accept my love to ALL of you, and I hope things continue to get better!!!

About Me

My photo
There are no joys to compare with family. The experiences and feeling associated with family run so deep. Little moments are filled with meaning. They are the people who know us best and who we know best and who will be forever. This blog is a collection of the experiences that we can remember--the ones that happen on earth. I think our associations began long before and maybe the best is yet to be. Brigham Young says that our mortal experience is dreary compared to what is to come. I'm glad I can't see ahead because my life is anything but dreary. These people are my light and my joy.

My friends

My Blog List