Saturday, November 7, 2009

Turkey Shoot Today!


For the third year in a row, Seth has won a turkey at the annual Turkey Shoot. This year, though, was a little different. Yes, that's right. Because this year, Seth was the top shooter out of 100 contestants! Can you believe that? He shot 24 out of 25 clay pigeons. (He missed the last one.) So besides the usual turkey, he won this prestegious and very Deer Park "Wild Turkey Federation" hat and a Buck Knife--his new pride and joy.




"Home is the hunter...home from the hills" and it's turkey dinner tomorrow!
I wish I could capture the beautiful carpet of tamarack needles that covers our driveway. Not just the driveway, but the patio, the trampoline, the garden, the lawn. They are so lovely outside...AND SO MISERABLE INSIDE. We sweep and sweep and sweep but they are impossible! I think it's the one thing that could make me anticipate snow.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

cristie said...

since you have deleted a post i will tell you what my kids told me...don't censor yourself. the ups and downs paint a complete picture.

i love that you mother so well. xox

Shiela Lee said...

Fear not - Brandon "captured" your blanket of needles...tracked them all into his car, then into our house! ha ha! Uh, we have enough of our own needles, thanks - no need to share! :)

About Me

My photo
There are no joys to compare with family. The experiences and feeling associated with family run so deep. Little moments are filled with meaning. They are the people who know us best and who we know best and who will be forever. This blog is a collection of the experiences that we can remember--the ones that happen on earth. I think our associations began long before and maybe the best is yet to be. Brigham Young says that our mortal experience is dreary compared to what is to come. I'm glad I can't see ahead because my life is anything but dreary. These people are my light and my joy.

My friends

My Blog List