Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Corneal Transplant

What a great blessing. Almost a year before expected, I was able to receive a corneal transplant. Bruce looked on via television from the next room and I was awake, though somewhat oblivious through the whole operation. Dr. Christopher Sturbahm, who has been with us from the start skillfully performed the 2 hour operation which included removal of a cataract, replacement of the lens and a full thickness transplant.



Note the 36 tiny stitches.



I love this picture of me. During all the months that I really did feel beat up, I looked ok. Now that I feel great, I look beat up. Go figure. My vision is better and will continue to improve but my sad little iris is damaged forever. My one battle scar. But look at that right eye--ever faithful, never wavering, my constant window on the world.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Shiela Lee said...

Malorie is sitting here next to me and said, "That is Deeee-sgusting! Ha!

About Me

My photo
There are no joys to compare with family. The experiences and feeling associated with family run so deep. Little moments are filled with meaning. They are the people who know us best and who we know best and who will be forever. This blog is a collection of the experiences that we can remember--the ones that happen on earth. I think our associations began long before and maybe the best is yet to be. Brigham Young says that our mortal experience is dreary compared to what is to come. I'm glad I can't see ahead because my life is anything but dreary. These people are my light and my joy.

My friends

My Blog List