Friday, June 18, 2010

Peter Turns Nine


Birthdays around here usually start with breakfast in bed. I had been up since about 5:00, studying and puttering and trying to time things just right so Peter would get breakfast right when he woke up. At about 6:00, I heard my bedroom door open and his loud whisper, "Mom! I don't think I can wait any longer. I've been awake for hours!" Isn't it funny how your mind just jolts awake when it realizes it's your birthday? I remember that unique anticipation. It's always a challenge to live up to those dreams.


Fortunately, Eric and Andy hit the ball out of the park with their gift--a BB Gun! Peter didn't see that one coming at all! Wow.

He had definite ideas for his cake--oreos, pudding and worms.
The day was everything he hoped it would be.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

About Me

My photo
There are no joys to compare with family. The experiences and feeling associated with family run so deep. Little moments are filled with meaning. They are the people who know us best and who we know best and who will be forever. This blog is a collection of the experiences that we can remember--the ones that happen on earth. I think our associations began long before and maybe the best is yet to be. Brigham Young says that our mortal experience is dreary compared to what is to come. I'm glad I can't see ahead because my life is anything but dreary. These people are my light and my joy.

My friends

My Blog List