Sunday, June 20, 2010

One Fine Day





On the last day of Nick and Marlee's visit, we spent a sunny, beautiful day at Manito Park.  I made home-made hamburger buns (just like my mom used to make) and Marlee raced to the store to get all the ingredients for the "best pasta salad on earth".  Marielle made cream filled cupcakes and Andy brought a salad made from garden-fresh lettuce.  The food was divine.
   After lunch, we played soccer--Bruce, Brian and Seth against Nick, Eric and I.  Unfortunately, I proved to be too great a liability for our team to overcome.  We lost by one.  Those park benches were the goals and the ball had to roll through the little triangle at the bottom.   There were some impressive moments.

This is our family watching a family of ducks.  (Maybe they were watching us!)

Sadie almost touched this one.



After the ducks, we walked up the hill to our favorite gardens.  The day was so bright with just a little breeze--the kind of day where you're aware almost constantly how perfect it....Nick and I played a walking game of Oh Heck as we went.  He beat me but it was good.  He's so great.


We capped the day off with a baseball game.  What a great time!   Marlee is really the one that amazed me the most.  She was our pitcher and wow!  She was a dead-eye at throwing across the plate and also incredible at catching the long screaming throws from the outfield.  She tells us she's been playing a lot of catch in her spare time

2 comments:

Marianne said...

I love all your new posts!! I miss your family but I'm glad to see that everyone is doing well!

Marlee said...

wahoo! i love blog posts that boast about me! i love you and miss you all, but mostly just you, mom. <3

About Me

My photo
There are no joys to compare with family. The experiences and feeling associated with family run so deep. Little moments are filled with meaning. They are the people who know us best and who we know best and who will be forever. This blog is a collection of the experiences that we can remember--the ones that happen on earth. I think our associations began long before and maybe the best is yet to be. Brigham Young says that our mortal experience is dreary compared to what is to come. I'm glad I can't see ahead because my life is anything but dreary. These people are my light and my joy.

My friends

My Blog List