Thursday, October 6, 2011

One man went to mow...went to mow the meadow









It was an excessively hot day for mowing. But Nick was determined to carve a soccer field out of the gopher infested pasture that runs along our woods. With only a humble everyday type mower, he set out---man against nature. No one doubted for a minute he would do it. This is the man who ran an internet cable under fifty feet of frozen ground, who led out in the housepainting project and installed the firepit. There would be a soccer field. And so when the joyful cry was heard, "It's done!" there was no surprise--just a general scramble for cleats and tennis shoes and a quick formation of teams. If the gopher holes were a problem, no one complained. It just seemed good to play soccer on a field of our own making.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

About Me

My photo
There are no joys to compare with family. The experiences and feeling associated with family run so deep. Little moments are filled with meaning. They are the people who know us best and who we know best and who will be forever. This blog is a collection of the experiences that we can remember--the ones that happen on earth. I think our associations began long before and maybe the best is yet to be. Brigham Young says that our mortal experience is dreary compared to what is to come. I'm glad I can't see ahead because my life is anything but dreary. These people are my light and my joy.

My friends

My Blog List